Web Wiz - Solar Powered Eco Web Hosting

FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Error with Beta 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BecauseofChrist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauseofChrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Error with Beta 4
    Posted: 22 March 2003 at 5:19pm

I have a forum running on beta 3 (I know I wasn't supposed to do that, but when I realized it I already had too many topics and posts and stuff and it hadn't given me any problems). I want to change to beta 4, though. I talked to somone on their forum (who did exactly what I'm trying to do) and they said it's fairly easy, and told me to look in the history file and do all the changes in the access database. Since I am extremely familiar with Access (but not so in ASP) I decided that I would try to make my current database exactly the same as the beta 4 database by using the history file. I created the new tables and fields but it didn't work. So, I tried opening my beta 4 database (just how it was downloaded - pretty much empty) and made append queries to bring in my data into it. After some difficulties (like with primary keys) I finally got in all my data in. I opened the Forums and it looked fine until I tried to open a specific forum and it gave me a weird error (I think it had to do with a variable). Since I knew the code was right I went back to the database. This time I opened both my database that had all my data in what I thought was beta 4 structure and the original beta 4 database. I went through all the tables in design view and made the appropriate changes to make sure that the database structures were exactly the same. I put it back into testing and again it seemed fine until I tried to open a forum. This time it gave me a new error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'CInt'

/TestForum/forum_topics.asp, line 377

Can anyone help me?
(Sorry the topic is so long, but I typed out everything just in case anyone needed the information to help out)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauseofChrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2003 at 5:21pm

By the way...in the forum when I got that error, the error wasn't the only thing on the page. It actually started to load everything in the header and all, but then under Show Topics it had the error in the table right above Topics | Topic Starter | Replies etc. Those were the last thing on the page, though.

Just some more information that may be useless but just in case it isn't it's here.

Thanks a lot ahead of time if anyone can help.

snowbee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote snowbee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2003 at 6:12pm
The answer is shorter than the question!

When creating your new database, you added this new field 'Moved_ID'. If you have an empty database this field would automatically be filled up with a 0 (zero). However, if you alter your database to be compatible with this beta4 version, you need to fill up this field yourself with a 0 value.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauseofChrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2003 at 8:07pm
Thank you so much! I did that and the problem is fixed! Now I am happy  !
WebWiz-Bruce View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Web Wiz Developer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WebWiz-Bruce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2003 at 3:37am
To add to this make sure you have also set all the default values, the default value for the Moved_ID field should be set to (0) so that it is atumactcally field by the database.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BecauseofChrist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2003 at 9:08am

Ok, thanks. The default value is set to 0.

Post Reply Post Reply